UX Lead (Contingent upon contract award)Apply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
Bellese is in the unique position of being both a longtime trusted partner to government agencies and also on the front line of modernizing government digital services for the people who use them. In turn, our client, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, is on the vanguard of federal agencies for valuing and championing human-centered design, including service design. We are looking for talented and thoughtful designers, researchers, and leaders for multiple projects affecting the health outcomes and livelihoods of millions of Americans.
This position is contingent upon contract award
- Oversee the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, service design and UX design experts to foster innovative ideas as well as operational efficiency.
- Work within the Program Increment planning framework to forecast future HCD work.
- Work with Product Manager to breakdown work into sprints, stories, and tasks
- Own the day-to-day work management for HCD.
- Check-in with the team to ensure work is getting completed and blockers are addressed.
- Facilitate collaborative work internally and with stakeholders.
- Provide input on overall product strategy and management.
- Make decisions about product and feature development, long-term product vision, and schedule (shared effort with Contract & Product Management staff).
- Establish and improve processes, practices, and tools that enable design and research.
- Collaborate with product managers and data analysts to develop metrics, baseline measures, and benchmarks for current and future products.
- Collaborate with the product manager, designer and researcher, data analysts, and data scientists to develop and refine research questions with data analysis, such as from claims data, publicly available healthcare data, and secondary research (eg, literature reviews).
- Publish high-level insights to internal and client stakeholders.
- Facilitate and communicate status reporting.
- Take a customer-centric point of view: seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals.
- Reduce ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research – work with your team to go to the source and make sure you truly understand provider and customer issues.
- Ruthlessly prioritize impactful features and solutions, and know how to define the “right way” to measure results.
- Succinctly communicate and demonstrate issues to your team by leading the thought process toward a feasible, viable, and highly-usable solution.
- Work as part of an agile software development team - be a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translate ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and work with engineering teams to define and implement.
- Manage the product backlog (Epics, Features, User Stories) in support of a strategic Product Roadmap.
- All stages of the product development lifecycle - from research through design inception through implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- At least 3+ years experience serving as a Product owner of a cross-functional team, ideally within an agile environment.
- Can apply product and design thinking frameworks to problem-solving and management of the software development lifecycle
- Experience applying user research to identify current user experience issues to drive measurable improvements
- Are able to translate HCD research findings and user needs into technical solutions, requirements, and user stories
- Have managed a product backlog (Epics, Features, User Stories) in support of a strategic Product Roadmap
- Comfortable with all stages of the product development lifecycle - from research through design inception through implementation
- Experience organizing/obtaining feedback from stakeholders on completed work
- Proficient with UI design tools (Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- Willingness to understand and work within the complex healthcare product management lifecycle
- Nice to have: Prior experience with CMS, Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal contracting.
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Work from home setup including Macbook (possibly used/refurbished)
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
Apply For This Job
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement