User Experience DesignerApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We need engineers who love to build software that leads to performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions of Americans. People use our solutions to provide information about care and coverage when it is needed most to make decisions about their health. We develop digital services that empower patients and caregivers with cost and quality information, as they have come to expect.
Do you like to tackle complex problems and help define/build their solution? Do you like to translate the needs of humans into software designs and solutions? Do you enjoy complex data analysis with large data sets? If you answer “yes” to many/all of these questions then you may be just the kind of person we are looking for.
Our team is charged with maintaining and improving the software at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that supports the Quality Management and Review Systems (QMARS) program. QMARS online case management system supports the CMS Beneficiary and Family-Centered Care (BFCC) Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) program. The QIO program is one of the largest federal programs dedicated to improving healthcare quality for Medicare beneficiaries across the country. Our teams will continuously strive to modernize these systems while improving them in ways that reduce provider burden and minimize costs to CMS. We do this through HCD and Service design practices, product thinking, and skilled engineering. At Bellese, we’re relentlessly focused on enabling and empowering providers to focus on improving the quality and safety of patient care.
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority-owned and operated. We provide an environment focused on helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
You’re good at
- Approaching UX challenges with empathy and compassion.
- Understanding how to work within a suite of products and how UX decisions impact that suite.
- Working within agile UX processes, interacting with both product management and product development teams.
- Creating and communicating interaction and UX design decisions in the most appropriate forms — from user stories to wireframes to high fidelity prototypes.
- Developing and maintaining design mockups, user flows, wireframes, detailed specifications, and other design documents as needed.
- Prototyping concept designs and validates design direction with appropriate user and stakeholder input.
- Participating in a wide range of human-centered research projects including usability testing, contextual and stakeholder interviews.
- Working closely with the development team to deliver the best user experience possible.
- Utilizing and communicating human-computer interaction (HCI) best practices.
- Design heuristic evaluations.
- Using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid their research.
- Developing research plans for usability testing of applications, software, and websites.
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Communicating scenarios (using personas), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
- Working with design lead and other user experience designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
- Considering user behaviors learned in a legacy environment.
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes, mockups, non-code interactive prototypes, and UI specifications.
- Sitting in the customer’s and user’s shoes: you seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems.
- Reducing ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research – you work with researchers to go to the source and make sure you truly understand the issues that the providers and customers want to be solved.
- Measuring results: you define success through clear metrics so the customer can see what works and what doesn’t.
- Succinctly communicating or demonstrating issues to your team, and leading the thought process of your team to drive toward feasible, viable, and highly-usable solutions.
- Working with customer support and user researchers to identify user experience issues, and drive measurable improvements.
- Working as part of an agile software development team - you’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translating ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and working with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions.
- Releasing and supporting software systems to healthcare providers.
- All stages of the product development lifecycle - from research through design inception through implementation.
We need your help to
- Design leading and innovative digital services that provide healthcare insights to millions of Americans.
- Work with Researchers and other Service Design team members to build a cohesive product informed and vetted through extensive user research and usability testing.
- Sit in the customer’s and user’s shoes. You seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems.
- Reduce ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research.
- Work with your team to go to the source and make sure you truly understand the issues that the providers and customers want to be solved.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the right features and solutions.
- Work with customer support and user research to identify current user experience issues, and drive measurable improvements.
- Work as a part of an agile software development team. You’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translate ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and work with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions
- Engage and communicate with both technical and non-technical folks
Extra credit for expertise in
- UI design tools (such as Figma, etc), Google Analytics, and graphical prototyping tools (such as Figma, UXPin, etc)
- Healthcare product management where access for the users is difficult, expensive, or impossible
- Working knowledge of on-the-ground clinical operations or revenue cycle management in healthcare
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Macbook Pro, home monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
- Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
- A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
Apply For This Job
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply For This Job” and get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement