Engineering ManagerApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
The Engineering Manager position will join HQR contract team. Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) is a software system that Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) uses to measure the quality of care that hospitals are providing not only to Medicare recipients, but also to the general U.S. population.
- Oversee the design, development, and delivery of high-quality, innovative software solutions.
- Manage and lead one or more teams of software engineers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to align team activities with product vision and business goals.
- Monitor team performance and provide regular feedback, coaching, and career development to team members.
- Drive efficient processes and standards to enable team success and maintain high engineering standards.
- Contribute to architectural decisions, software development, and code review.
- Participate in resource planning and recruitment activities to scale the engineering team as necessary.
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative, and positive team culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in a managerial or leadership role.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC), including Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as JS/TS, Java, Go, or Python.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading software engineering teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and lead a team.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Demonstrated success in personnel management, including hiring, performance management, and team building.
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Work from home setup including Macbook (possibly used/refurbished)
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
Apply For This Job
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply For This Job” and get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement