Senior Engineer, DataOpsApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We need engineers who love to build software that lead to performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions of Americans. People use our solutions to provide information about care and coverage when it is needed most to make decisions about their health. We develop digital services that empower patients and caregivers with cost and quality information, as they have come to expect.
Do you like to tackle complex problems and help define/build their solution? Do you like to translate the needs of humans into software designs and solutions? Do you enjoy the complex data analysis with large data sets? If you answer “yes” to many/all of these questions then you may be just the kind of person we are looking for.
Our team is charged with maintaining and improving the software at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that supports the Hospital Quality Reporting program. Thousands of hospitals across the country depend on these systems to submit quality measure data that reflects the care beneficiaries receive in their facility. Our teams will continuously strive to modernize these systems, while improving them in ways that reduce provider burden and minimize costs to CMS. We do this through HCD and Service design practices, product thinking, and skilled engineering. At Bellese, we’re relentlessly focused on enabling and empowering providers to focus on improving the quality and safety of patient care.
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority owned and operated. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
You are good at
- Leading a team of engineersBeing the accountable party for one or more areas of a large scale system
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software.
- Developing and maintaining API specifications using Swagger Editor.
- Developing new features using the API first design approach.
- Developing new features using acceptance test-driven development.
- Working in and with small feature delivery teams: cross-functional, cross-component team that completes many end-to-end customer features, one by one.
- Participating in product strategy, product design and product development activities.Using lean and agile work management and engineering practices.
- Managing project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.Implementing test automation framework.
- Automating non-functional tests, including performance, security, and accessibility.
- Working with one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, Python.
- Working with more than one of the following test automation tools: Cypress, FitNesse, NUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, Katalon, SoapUI.
- Working with the following: web application development, unix/linux environments, developing large scale systems and API services, secured REST-based API endpoints, Acceptance and Unit Testing.
We need your help to
- updating/maintaining the terraform modules for our “cookie cutter” micro dbs
- supporting the operation of 30+ micro dbs running in RDS
- supporting the operation of other data-related AWS services: DynamoDB, Redshift, Glue
- helping developers and data engineers optimize queries to avoid issues with the production website (and save money!)
- discovering and cataloging all of our data - its owned by multiple teams and is stored in multiple sources
Extra credit for
- Experience with DynamoDB, Redshift
- Experience with AWS Glue
- Apache Spark
- SQL experience (Postgres preferably)
- Experience with distributed systems/microservices architectures
- Experience supporting micro-databases
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Macbook Pro, home monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
- Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
- A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
- 3-5 years AWS experience (S3, IAM, RDS)
- 3 years experience using Infrastructure as Code , Terraform (with modules preferably)
- Prior DBA or other data-related experience
Apply For This Job
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement